Today I’m going to share the list of most usable operating system for Hackers. You can discuss on these in the comments below.
1. Kali Linux
It is one of the most modern and useful operating system used by hackers for Pen testing and Security Exploits. This is Linux based which provide privacy and safety.
Features of Kali Linux
- Full Customization of Kali ISOs
- The Kali Linux ISO of doom – an excellent example of the flexibility of live-build, and the types and complexity of customization possible.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Kali Linux Full Disk Encryption
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
The other well known operating system is BackTrack which is being used from few years and it is wel known about Network Cracking and Pen Testing.
Features of BackTrack
- One-stop-shop for all of your security needs
- Metasploit for integration
- Wi-Fi drivers supporting monitor mode (of mon mode) and packet injection
- Cisco OCS Mass Scanner, a very reliable and fast scanner for Cisco routers to test default telnet and enabling password.
- A large collection of exploits as well as more conventional software such as browsers.
This is a portable operating system, you just have to create a bootable USB of this OS and then simply boot on your PC, and there is no requirement to install it, you just have to run it on your PC and do hacking attacks.
Features of Pentoo
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the latter having a significant speed increase from 32bit
- Includes the required environment to crack passwords using GPGPU with OpenCL and CUDA configured ‘out of the box'
- Built on hardened Linux, including a hardened kernel and toolchain
- Hardened kernel with extra patches
- Uses a pentoo overlay, which allows tools to be built on top of a standard gentoo build.
This is another best operating system that every hacker love to use on their PC. there are some unique things which are not available in other linux based operating systems.
Features of NodeZero
5. Network Security Toolkit (NST)
This is another portable operating system that directly runs from CD and can directly work on your computer as a operating system. This can work for various hacks such as: Network, and other attacks.
Features of Network Security Toolkit
- Many tasks that can be performed within NST are available through a web interface called NST WUI
- Visualization of ntopng, ntop, Wireshark, traceroute, NetFlow and kismet data
There are many other operating systems for hackers but i found most useful for this article. comments are welcomed here.