Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) CSC Scholarship 2019-20
Introduction: Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core,encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole. In 2009, HIT became a member of Top 9 (C9) in China; in 2017, HIT was selected as one of the double first-class universities. HIT, as a leading engineering university ranks in the world’s Top 6 in US News 2018.
For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program with limited quota. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students.Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will admit the best applicants by selection and recommend to the China Scholarship Council. Applicants, who are recommended for the CSC scholarship, will receive a confirmation E-mail from HIT in April, and then complete the follow-up application according to the E-mail instructions.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
2. Educational background required and age limit:
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Excellent performance in study.
4. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Need Acceptance letter? Click Here
Details of Scholarship:
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
2. 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
3. Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
Categories of Application and Duration of Scholarship:
Note: The duration of major studyfor master’sdegree of Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning, Landscape Architecture is 3 years.
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Those who are available for online application of China Scholarship Council shall fill in and print the application form (in duplicate) after submitting online.
The CSC Online Application System is available at:
http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ Choose type B (HIT university code is 10213)
3. Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
Note: If applicants are university students, they should provide original notarized pre-graduation certificate in English or Chinese.
Notarization must be carried out through formal institution, the signature or seal from school or working unit does not have the effect of notarization.
4. Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed by school. The transcripts in other languages must provide a translation in English or Chinese with notarization).
5. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese).The format can be downloaded from official website:http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
6. Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
7. Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Note:The form is printed by the Chinese Health and Quarantine Department and is restricted to those who study in China for more than 6 months. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17).Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
9. Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
Applicants should post the paper application materials with the copy of remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials and material assessment fee is non-refundable.
Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
10. Acceptance letter: (not a must)
Applicants are encouraged to contact the professors prior to application andenclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
11. Language proficiency certificate ( not a must)
Applicants are encouraged to enclose the HSK, IELTS or TOEFL report (valid for two years)to the application materials if they have.
Selection of Specialty:
Please visit CIE website at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17 for more details. Or download for details>
Please visit website at http://www.hit.edu.cn/251/list.htm for faculty information.
Please visit website at http://homepage.hit.edu.cn for supervisor information.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except School of Humanities, S. S. and Law). Master degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English programs of Management, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering& Life Science and Technology. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course and need to pass HSK 4 to continue the following major studies taught in Chinese. For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate, a score above 80 for TOEFL or 5.5 for IELTS, or certificate from former university is also acceptable.
Approval and Notification:
- HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or incomplete.
- Applicants accepted by HIT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOE for the record.
- Applicants should check all the information on the admission notice. Applicants are not permitted to change their supervisors，specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
- Applicants who fail to register before September 30, 2019will be regarded as giving up the scholarship.
If you need any help on how to apply for CSC scholarship, you may comment your question in comments or take guidance from this forum, which will help you to win this scholarship.